Worthy Chat is a non-denominational Christian chat room where we discuss a host of worthy topics such as Bible prophecy, theology and the latest news. Our desire is to provide a Christian-friendly, family oriented atmosphere online. In order to do that we apply the following rules.
Terms of Service
(1) Worthy Chat is an “English-language chat,” and it is requested that English be used by all chatters to avoid potential problems in translation. Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
(2) The posts express the views of the chatter, not necessarily the views of this chat room. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the ministry immediately. If no Administrator is available, we may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include time, subject matter and chatters involved, and include a copy of the chat (if possible).
(3) You may not post any material that is disrespectful of God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, or the Bible. This includes user names or anything in your profile, or your signature (Ex. 20:7)
(4) You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this chat to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
(5) The use of profanity will not be tolerated. This includes sexually explicit, vulgar, or other profane language or usernames as well as any any signs, acronyms, or symbols that suggests such.
(6) Worthy Chat not a “dating” or “flirting” chat room, and we request that those who would wish to engage in these activities do so elsewhere.
(7) The posting of other, family-friendly websites is permissible. However, the posting of sexually explicit, vulgar or otherwise offensive website addresses that are contrary to established Christian ideals will result in corrective action being taken, up to and including being banned from the chat. Please request permission to post any non-Christian sites from an administrator BEFORE they are posted. Such sites need to be reviewed and approved first. Posting of material from YouTube is strictly forbidden unless approved prior by an moderator. (Eph. 4:29)
(8) Abuse of other chatters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster. We also STRONGLY discourage giving out personal information such as email addresses, physical addresses and phone numbers in the public rooms especially to someone brand new with whom no relationship has first been formed in chat. If you desire to reveal such information to another chatter, please use another room in the chat that is unoccupied. Any information given out in private is at your own discretion and risk. This function is utilized by the ministry staff in the monitoring and administration of the chat. This function is different from the boards.(Eph. 4: 29)
(9) Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that subjects get stopped or shut down! Users that cannot respect others may have corrective action taken against them, up to and including being banned from the chat. If a chatter is bothering you, but the chatter is not violating any of the Terms Of Service, we suggest that you use the “Ignore” feature, available by right-clicking on the chatters’ name on the left and choosing “Ignore”.(Lev. 19:18 and Phil 2:3)
(10) Occasionally, chat administrators may request that a subject be moved to another room within the chat. Please respect these requests that will allow the chat to operate smoothly. This is a ministry and certain needs will take priority within the chat, such as prayer or witnessing. Please show due respect for those asking for prayer or who are being witnessed to. When witnessing is being done to a non-believer, refrain from talking over this vital conversation. If this is being done in the Lobby, if possible move the witnessing to another room for privacy, which will also free up the Lobby for general discussions. Whenever possible, prayer requests should be directed to the Prayer Closet, but, in any event, while prayer is being lifted to the Lord, do not disrespect the movement of the Lord by chatting over the prayer.
(11) No “flooding” or “spamming” is allowed. Flooding is a repetitive reply from a chatter that takes up the whole screen. Spamming is flooding the chat, mass PMs or emailing multiple members of this forum with unsolicited messages. It also includes links in posts or signatures to sites that sell or solicits funds. No solicitation of any form will be allowed.
(12) No Plagiarism. You must have permission to post copy righted material. When you do have permission, all due attribution is to be posted as well. When referring to scripture, you are requested to have your cited scripture available; however, long citations may be truncated (“shortened”) by the chat software. (Ex. 20:15, Lev 19:11)
(13) Misrepresentation of age, gender or identity in Worthy Chat is prohibited, nor will you impersonate any one in Worthy Chat, including Administrators. Pretending to have a crisis or other attention seeking behavior is prohibited. Chatters are permitted one (1) user name to be registered and logged in at any one time. Violation of this rule can and will be grounds for corrective action being taken against the chatter, up to and including being banned from Worthy Ministries. (Ex. 20:15, Lev 19:11)
(14) Disrespectful or threatening comments toward governmental institutions and/or world leaders will NOT be tolerated. It is possible to disagree with their policies or actions and discuss this reasonably without showing disrespect. (1 Pet. 2:13-17)
(15) User names should not contain titles such as Reverend, Doctor, Pastor, Minister, etc… We have no way to verify ones education or right to bear such title. Here in the chat, we are all on equal standing.
(16) If you have a problem with any of the Chat Administrators or other ministry personnel, please keep it private. The Chat Administrators serve this ministry on a voluntary basis. They are human beings and make mistakes. If you disagree with one of their decisions, make use of the Board PM system or send a note to email@example.com for resolution. (Matt. 18:15)
(17) This is a privately funded chatroom, we reserve the right to remove any chatters that we feel are detrimental to the fellowship of the chat, or detrimental to the witness of the chat, as we see fit, or take any corrective action as needed to further the mission of this chat room.
These rules are subject to change at any time without notice. We will make every effort to ensure that users are aware of the changes in a timely manner.